CABS Initiatives Fund
With a ratio of almost 4,000 visitors to each Big Sur resident, keeping Big Sur wild, rural, safe and resilient is a challenge. Your donation to the CABS Initiatives Fund will enable our community to sit at the table with other stakeholders and invest in viable, long-term solutions for the benefit of visitors, residents, businesses, government and the fragile Big Sur coast.
Upper Rocky Creek Road Fund
Palo Colorado’s Upper Rocky Creek community needs your help to repair our road so we can rebuild and once again have safe access to our homes. The 2016 Soberanes Fire and 2017 Atmospheric River Event destroyed 16 of 24 homes and severely compromised our only access road. The road repair exceeds our small community’s means. Your donation will help us reach our $600,000 goal. For more info, visit www.UpperRockyCreek.com.
Your Donation / Your Impact
- Protecting and defending Big Sur’s community and environment since 1962
- Over $3 million in donor dollars distributed to over 2,000 Big Sur residents, employees, businesses, community water and road companies, and nonprofits since 2008
- Disaster recovery services provided in the aftermath of 3 wildfires, 1 atmospheric river event, and 1 major road closure in the past 11 years
- Over 3,000 hours dedicated annually to leadership and community representation by the CABS board and executive director
- Active participation in and partnership with over 200 Local, County, State and Federal entities and/or individuals in initiatives that impact Big Sur